Wednesday 25 February 2009



My name is Samantha Chloe and I am a Shopaholic!


I just watched Confessions of a Shopaholic and it well and truly depressed me. That woman is me. I'm so materialistic is upsets me. I want to do an internship in New York and you know what the only thing putting me off the idea is?!! I will be POOR. Pathetic but true. What will I do in New York when I can't get new stuff!? Where will my happiness come from!? What a movie to make in such financial disarray; like I needed reminding of my own financial incompetence.
The woman in the movie is in something like $16,000 debt- I am in way more debt than that thanks to University(and topshop- those scumbags. I went in the other day. It was a bad idea. hate that place.). She gets out of debt by selling everything, but i have nothing to sell so I'm doomed =[


urgh. When I was younger I adored the smell of a new barbie doll. hmm that fresh mattel plastic.......I went insane over it. I needed at least one new barbie a week and I would save all my pocket money and go to Kmart/ToysRUs and stare into the isle of pink.If I didn't get my doll I would be heartbroken, not just bratlike I want I want I want, I would get severely upset. It was shocking. (I always got my doll =] my parents moved me to Idaho it was the least they could do, I once made them buy me an actual cash register, not a pretend one, a actual cash register. I was convinced I needed it to be happy)ah good times. my parents should have stopped me damnit! I have a serious a buying problem now, no longer with barbies(though I'm sure if one took my fancy now I'd buy it just for the heck of it- too look at and too smell.... =] weird yes. )but with anything! I'm the worst person to buy a gift for because If I want something I will simply buy it myself. I will not wait. This is why I work over 40 hours a week whilst studying my 3rd year at Uni! I need the money too buy crap---and then I don't have time to do my Uni work (but I have new stuff ;p)and I get marked down for stupid things like not recording all my research, which is the simplest and easiest task! and I'm gonna get a crap mark. I think I'll sue mattel for ruining my life. balls to it all.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i love that you felt depressed during confessions of a shopaholic because i did too!

    ReplyDelete